01 Sep Things To Do
Welcome to our Happy Place! – CopperHill, TN
Cool YouTube Video We stumbled upon recently!
It’s sleepy, but ALOT to do – if you know where to go!
Hiking to Waterfalls
Benton Falls, Tennessee 37307
52 Minute drive to the trailhead
1.5 mile hike
Turtletown Creek Falls Trailhead, 1239 Farner Rd, Farner, TN 37333
21 Minute drive to the trailhead
3.8 mile loop
Sea Creek Falls, Georgia 30572
51 Minute drive to the trailhead
0.5 mile hike
Long Creek Falls trailhead, Forest Srv Rd, Blue Ridge, GA 30513
1:07 Minute drive to the trailhead
1.9 mile hike
Fall Branch Falls, Stanley Creek Rd, Cherry Log, GA 30522
36 minute drive to the trailhead
0.9 mile hike
White Water Rafting
You can raft with one of the commercial rafting companies (you have to be 13 – the rafting is intense so not for everyone), but even if you don’t raft, you can go and watch the rafts come down. There are also miles of trails around there (see the website, and the visitors center is also helpful about the trails).
They have a great visitor center that was built for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, as it was the sight for the rafting that Olympics.
- If you want to just watch (and this is the #1 spot we visit almost every time we are here!)Whitewater center is a must.
- If you want to RIDE – here are the 2 outfitters we typically use!https://www.ocoeerafting.com/https://wildwaterrafting.com/adventures/ocoee-river-rafting/
- For a less intense water experience you can float the Hiawassee – my 10-year-old loves this, so it’s low key. Ir takes about 2.5 hours.The commercial outfitter that services Hiawassee – https://www.webbbros.com/
Great restaurant for lunch across the bridge from Webb brothers.
Toccoa River Outfitters Fly Shop
120 Grand Ave, Copperhill, TN 37317
- The Copper Grill – excellent for bar type comfort food.
- Burra Burra seafood
- Bradford’s Barbque – it’s just at the corner from the cabin, two minutes away, and great for take out. Best bar b que ever, we think.
- Kenny’s Pizza and Subs
- Mexican in downtown Copperhill is good!
- Ocoee River Cafe – Breakfast spot – not super good, but convenient
- Coffee place (our local version of Starbucks!)
- Pizza and Pasta
- Sushi & Bowls
From blue ridge, you can do the blue ridge scenic railway. They stop in copperhill/mccaysville so we recommend doing the one leg rather than riding it back, but that requires someone to drop you off at the train in blue ridge and then pick you up in maccaysville (mccaysville is the Georgia side of the town, and the river in Georgia is called the Toccoa; the Tennessee side of the town is Copperhill, and the river is called the Ocoee – there’s a great photo op for the state line diagonally across the street from the IGA).
- Beer and Wine Store! – 6 min away
- Best Liquor Store around (Appalachian Beverage) , about 30 min away, stop on your way into town!
- There is also zip lining close by, http://www.zipblueridge.com/
Blue Ridge, GA – ALOT of fun things going on there and only 15 min drive!
Alot of conversation on the local FaceBook page:
Blueridge Chamber webpage:
I’d recommend Merciers https://www.mercier-orchards.com/ – you can pick whatever is in season if you’d like (check website), but even if you don’t do the picking, it’s a local institution and worth a stop in to check our all the food and shopping (not groceries, more jams/bakery (they do amazing friend pies) and seasonal fruit) They have a cafe, but I have never eaten there. It’s ten minutes from the cabin, on the main road between the cabin and Blue Ridge (the same road Walmart is on).
Harvest on Main is about 15-20 minutes from the cabin. I’ve been and it is quite good. I’d recommend reservations. The area around it, downtown Blue Ridge, has great shopping and local artists, etc. Chester’s, also in downtown Blue Ridge, is also very good (http://www.chestersblueridge.com/)
There is a Walmart in the road between the cabin and Blue Ridge that is a good stop for groceries (it is on the corner when you turn off the main road towards copper hill/ the cabin, about 10-15 minutes from the cabin). 5 minutes from the cabin is an IGA grocery store that has essential stuff, although it is small.
Copper Basin Golf
5765 US-64, Copperhill, TN 37317123
- Fun for kids and family, approx $19 per person
- Not the best course, but for $19 – you get what you get!
- recently opened in 2019
- Approx $60-$90 (check website)
- SUPER FUN course! (well worth the 15 min drive and $$)
Our Social Media: